New Student Enrollment: Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Program
Transitional Kindergarten is for those families who are exploring options prior to Kindergarten. Transitional Kindergarten provides a state-funded, two-year Kindergarten experience for children.
The Auburn Union School District Transitional Kindergarten program will provide a supportive environment for your child and will focus on social and emotional development, physical and motor development, as well as academic skills needed to prepare your child for Kindergarten.
Enrollment Information for Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
Why choose Auburn Union School District?
What is Transitional Kindergarten?
How old does my child need to be?
- Your student is eligible for TK for the 2023-24 school year if their 5th birthday falls between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024.
What school does my child attend?
- Skyridge Elementary School
- Auburn Elementary School
How does enrollment work?
- Begin the enrollment process by creating a username and password in Aeries.
- Once in Aeries, respond to the prompts.
- Once this process is complete, you will be notified by the school office staff regarding the status of your child’s placement in the program.
What forms are required to enroll?
- Immunization records: Students whose immunizations are not up-to-date will not be allowed to attend school.
- Proof of Age document: (1st time California enrollment only) Please provide one of the following for verification; certified birth certificate, baptism certificate, passport, adoption record, official hospital record of birth showing doctor's signature. If none of the above is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian or custodian of the student can be provided.
- One proof of residency document: A rental property contract, lease, or payment stub; mortgage statement; a utility service contract, statement or payment receipt (i.e. gas, electric, or water bill); property tax payment receipt; pay stub; voter registration; correspondence from a government agency; or affidavit of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student. (Not required for Alta Vista Community Charter School).
- TK/K Transportation & Food Allergy Notice is also required and can be printed from the “Required Documents Page” during the online enrollment process.