- Parent Resources
- School Calendars & Bell Schedules
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Student Forms
- Aeries Parent Portal
- Social Emotional Learning
New Student Registration: Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Program
Transitional Kindergarten is for those families who are exploring options prior to Kindergarten. Transitional Kindergarten provides a state-funded, two-year Kindergarten experience for children.
The Auburn Union School District Transitional Kindergarten program will provide a supportive environment for your child and will focus on social and emotional development, physical and motor development, as well as academic skills needed to prepare your child for Kindergarten.
Enrollment Information for Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
Why choose Auburn Union School District?
What is Transitional Kindergarten?
How old does my child need to be?
- If your child's 5th birthday is on September 2, 2021 through December 2, 2021, then, your child is eligible to be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten (TK) for the 2021-22 school year.
If your child's 5th birthday is after December 2, 2021 through January 31, 2022, your child may be enrolled pending space availability or placed on a waiting list for Transitional Kindergarten provided that the Superintendent or designee recommends that enrollment in a TK program is in the child's best interest.
- If your child's 5th birthday is on September 2, 2020 through December 2, 2020, then, your child is eligible to be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten (TK) for the 2020-21 school year.
- If your child's 5th birthday is after December 2, 2020 through January 31, 2021, your child may be enrolled pending space availability or placed on a waiting list for Transitional Kindergarten provided that the Superintendent or designee recommends that enrollment in a TK program is in the child's best interest.
What school does my child attend?
- Skyridge Elementary School
- Rock Creek Elementary School
How does registration work?
- You will be notified by the school office staff regarding the status of your child’s placement in the program.
If the number of registration packets exceeds the capacity of the class at a particular site, spaces will be filled by a random public drawing to be scheduled.
If the number of registration packets does not exceed the number of spaces available, there will be no random public drawing.
If the number of registration packets warrants opening an additional class or classes, that will be addressed. The number of classes will be dependent on enrollment numbers. If an additional class is added due to enrollment numbers, it will be added at Auburn Elementary.
What forms are required to register?
- Confirmation Page: Please print two copies of the confirmation page when online enrollment is complete; a copy for the school and one for yourself.
- Immunization records: Students whose immunizations are not up-to-date will not be allowed to attend school.
- Proof of Age Document - Provide one (1) of the following documents: Certified birth certificate, baptism certificate, passport, adoption record, official hospital record of birth showing doctor’s signature. When none of the above is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian or custodian of the minor.
- Proof of residency document - Provide one (1) of the following documents: A rental property contract, lease, or payment stubs; mortgage statement; a utility service contract, statement or payment receipt (i.e. gas, electric, or water bill); property tax payment receipt; pay stubs; voter registration; correspondence from a government agency; or declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student.
- Physical Exam: If your student is enrolling in Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, or 1st grade, a physical is required prior to the start of school.
- Affidavit of Residency
- Student Health Information (Form PP-34)
- Additional forms for TK & K: TK/K Parent/Student Interview, and TK/K Transportation & Food Allergy Notice