- Our District
Provisional Appointment Application Packet
As previously announced, effective April 30th, there will be a vacancy on the Auburn Union School District (“AUSD”) School Board of Trustees (the “Board”) due to the resignation of Debbie Goodrich. On April 6, 2022, the Board announced its intention to begin the process of provisionally appointing an interested candidate to fill Trustee Goodrich’s vacated seat. The appointed Trustee shall serve in Trustee Goodrich’s vacated seat until a new Trustee is elected in the next regularly scheduled election for district board members (ie: hold office until December 2022).
Interested candidates are invited to complete this application packet and submit it by 4pm on May 9, 2022 in any of the following three methods:
- Utilizing the online form (highly desired);
- Via email to President Michelle Sierra Sammons [email@example.com], Vice President Sarah Brichle [firstname.lastname@example.org] AND AUSD District Office Administrative Assistant Rebecca Oest [email@example.com]; or
- At the Auburn Union School District office located at 255 Epperle Lane, Auburn, CA 95603
This Application packet includes:
- Provisional Appointment Process and Timeline
- Candidate Information Sheet (can be submitted via online form linked here)
- Declaration of Residency (included in the online form and packet)
- Auburn Union School District Governing Board Bylaw 9223
After Board liaisons, President Michelle Sierra Sammons and Vice President Sarah Brichler screen the applicants for minimum qualifications, the names of candidates who will be invited to participate in an interview. The Board will interview candidates for the vacant position in the open session and will, at the time of the interview, consider making a provisional appointment. California law requires that candidates meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to be considered for provisional appointment to the Board:
- The candidate must be at least 18 years of age
- The candidate must be a citizen of California
- The candidate must be a resident of the Auburn Union School District
- The candidate must be a registered voter
- The candidate must not be disqualified from holding a civil office
The Board is responsible for ensuring the District operates effectively and efficiently. Trustees commit a significant amount of time, energy, effort, and dedication to ensure that the District can appropriately serve our community. For more information regarding the provisional appointment process, or the duties of a school board member, please contact the Superintendent’s Office.
Thank you for your interest.