- Business Services
- Child Nutrition Services
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Facilities and Operations
- Human Resources
- Student Services
- Technology Services
The Wellness program is a collaboration between Auburn Union School District, Placer County Office of Education and Children System of Care. The program is funded by a four year grant and aims to promote mental wellness for all. EV Cain Middle, Auburn Elementary, Rock Creek Elementary and Skyridge Elementary schools with each have a Wellness Center on campus available to staff, students and families, in order to achieve student wellness and success.
The Wellness Centers will be staffed by Mental Health Specialists and Family Support Specialists. The Mental Health Specialists are licensed therapists and their primary functions are to facilitate the program and provide a continuum of mental health services. The Family Support Specialists have a myriad of experience with community resources and their primary function is to work with parents and families to support student success.
Services are provided in a multi-tiered system of supports. Services include:
- Tier I: Classroom lessons, PBIS expectations, lunch time activities, parent/family classes, staff wellness, staff lessons, classroom observations
- Tier II: Small groups, classroom observations, wellness referral, CICO, community partner collaboration
- Tier III: Individual case management, therapy, parent consultation, teacher consultation, crisis services, wellness referral
The guiding principles of the Wellness program are to…
- Promote Universal Wellness for staff, students and families.
- Respect the wisdom of students and families. Respect that schools are the expert in academics and education.
- Advocate for equity and inclusion for all.
- Make shared decisions about the program through the use of data and with a made variety of stakeholders. Student/family input is included.
- Protect positive relationships and foster connections. Know that relationships are the driving force of wellness.
for parents and families
for parents and families
If you would like to find out more about Wellness services offered at your child’s school, please talk with your child’s teacher or contact someone on the Wellness team.
Check out Placer County Office of Education’s Student Mental Wellness Website. They offer mental health and suicide prevention trainings at low or no cost to you.
Explore the Virtual Chill Zone! When you have big feelings and you’re not sure what to do. Click around the Virtual Chill Zone to find your calm, re-group, and continue with your day.