- Reporting an Absence
The PTC is an active and vital component of E.V. Cain. Parents who wish to contribute to the school's success are encouraged to become active in the PTC. Download the Membership Form and join today!
2012-2013 PTC Officers
President - Coree Rountree
Vice President - Gena McArdle
Co-Treasurers - Kim Lightfoot & Shannon Campbell
Secretary - Melissa Ortega
PTC officers can be contacted at email@example.com.
We meet the third Tuesday of the month at 7pm in the Staff Lounge.
Upcoming PTC activities
Magazine Sales Fundraiser - This fundraiser is the major source of income to pay for time trackers, after school enrichment classes and technology improvements.
Fundraiser will begin in October. Our goal is 1 subscription sold by each student.
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to report the absence of a student on the day of the absence. Daily school attendance is critical for a student’s success. By law, parents are obligated to send their child to school daily. Parents are strongly encouraged to schedule medical appointments during non-school hours. Absence from school will be excused for health reasons, family emergencies, and attendance at funeral services for a family member, appearance in court or observation of a religious holiday or ceremony. Whenever possible, a student who is absent for a reason other than illness should attend at least the minimum school day.
When a student who has been absent returns to school, the parent needs to provide a written note or contact the school office to verify the reason for the absence. School absences are monitored carefully throughout the year. If a student has more than fourteen absences in a year for illness, a physician must verify further absences for illness.
Students who are habitually absent or tardy may be referred to the School Attendance Review Board. This is a truancy mediation program operated by the county’s district attorney, probation office and/or juvenile court. Moreover, tardy students will receive a two-point citation.
A prearranged absence may be necessary based on justifiable reasons. At least three school days prior to this type of absence, a request must be made by a parent/guardian and the absence must be approved by the school administration. Absences of five or more days require a TRAVEL STUDY form to prevent loss of learning for the student and loss of revenue for the school. The TRAVEL STUDY form must be completed and returned to the main office within three school days after a student’s return. [Education Code 48200]
The following reasons are legally excused absences [Education Code 48205]:
- Personal illness or injury;
- Quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer;
- Medical, dental, optometric, or chiropractic services rendered;
- Attendance at funeral services for a member of the immediate family;
- Personal court appearance.
- Exclusion for failure to present evidence of immunization;
- Exclusion from school because student is either the carrier of a contagious disease or not immunized for a contagious disease;
- Religious observance or exercise.
- Pupils in grades 7 12 who leave school (with prior approval of the principal or his/her designee) to obtain confidential medical services. The pupil is to return a copy of the medical professional’s appointment verification form. [Education Code 46010.1]