Registering a new student for the current school year:  Please contact or go directly to your requested school of attendance prior to completing this online enrollment in order to confirm there is space available in the requested grade at that school.

Transitional Kindergarten Program

Transitional Kindergarten is for those families who are exploring options prior to Kindergarten. Transitional Kindergarten provides a state-funded, two-year Kindergarten experience for children.

The Auburn Union School District Transitional Kindergarten program will provide a supportive environment for your child and will focus on social and emotional development, physical and motor development, as well as academic skills needed to prepare your child for Kindergarten.

 What is Transitional Kindergarten?

Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year, state-funded Kindergarten experience for students. Research suggests that children greatly benefit from programs that address school readiness and Transitional Kindergarten will provide this opportunity for our students.

Age Eligibility and Enrollment

If my Child’s date of birth is…

…my student is eligible to be enrolled in Kindergarten

…my student is eligible to be enrolled in

…my student is eligible to be enrolled in Preschool only

Sept. 1, 2013 or before




Sept. 2, 2013 through Dec. 2, 2013




Feb. 1, 2014 through Sept. 1, 2015




Dec. 3, 2013 through Jan. 31, 2014



Pending space



Where, when, and how can I enroll my child in Transitional Kindergarten?

  • Transitional Kindergarten is being offered at the following elementary schools for all families:
  • Skyridge Elementary School
  • Rock Creek Elementary School
  • For those families living in the Auburn Elementary school attendance area, please choose either Skyridge or Rock Creek school.  Your child will then return to Auburn Elementary for Kindergarten in the following school year. Your child will return to the regular kindergarten program at their home school, if they are not already attending their home school, after completing the year of Transitional Kindergarten.  

  • Online enrollment begins February 5, 2018.
  • If the number of registration packets exceeds the capacity of the class at a particular site, spaces will be filled by a random public drawing to be scheduled.

  • If the number of registration packets does not exceed the number of spaces available, there will be no random public drawing.

  • If the number of registration packets warrants opening an additional class or classes, that will be addressed.  The number of classes will be dependent on enrollment numbers.  If an additional class is added due to enrollment numbers, it will be added at Auburn Elementary.

  • You will be notified by the school office staff regarding the status of your child’s placement in the program.

Required FormsTop of Page

Required Forms to be delivered to your school of enrollment:  

  • Confirmation Page:  Please print two copies of the confirmation page when on-line enrollment is complete; a copy for the school and one for yourself.
  • Immunization records:  Students whose immunizations are not up-to-date will not be allowed to attend school. 
  • Proof of Age document:  Please provide one of the following; birth certificate, baptismal certificate, adoption record, official hospital record of birth (document showing doctor’s signature), or passport, etc.
  • One proof of residency document: Proof of residency may include a mortgage statement/rental agreement or a utility bill i.e. gas, electric, or water bill. 
  • Physical Exam: If your student is enrolling in Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, or 1st grade, a physical is required prior to the start of school.

The following forms are also required and can be printed from the “Required Documents Page” during the online enrollment process:

  • Affidavit of Residency 
  • Student Health Information (Form PP-34)
  • Additional forms for TK & K:  TK/K Parent/Student Interview, and TK/K Transportation & Food Allergy Notice
Intra-District Transfer Requests

If you reside within the Auburn Union School District and wish to register your elementary student in a school other than your school of residence, please complete an intra-district transfer request form & student behavior contract and deliver the form to the school of enrollment along with the other required registration forms.  Intradistrict Transfer Request & Behavior Contract Forms.   Once a student is enrolled under an approved Intra-district with a supporting Attendance and Behavior Contract on file, he/she will be allowed to continue to attend that school in subsequent years without reapplying for an Intra-district transfer as long as the terms of the Attendance and Behavior Contract are upheld. Following the first year of attendance, the new school will be considered the student’s home school.  Parents submitting "new" Intra-district enrollment requests will be notified as soon as space availability has been confirmed by the school site.


Inter-District Transfer Requests

If you are enrolling your child as an INTER-DISTRICT TRANSFER STUDENT (i.e. from Ackerman, Colfax, or Placer Hills school districts, or another out-of-district area), you will first need to go to your district of residence and complete an Inter-district Transfer Request form.  Families must apply every year to request Inter-district enrollment approval. New inter-district transfer requests may not be approved until school begins, pending space availability.  After submitting this form, please return to this enrollment page and follow instructions to enroll your student.